Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sing Me a Good Old Gospel Song

I find it incredible and awe-inspiring that music so easily touches my soul. I have my most spiritual moments because of the lyrics of a song, or the chords on a piano. It makes my own heart sing. Like today in church, i was extremely sleepy until the musical number. which woke me up, and i felt filled with light and hope, and i had chills running down my spine. Its exhilarating and frightening. If something sweet and good can be carried through music, something dark and creepy is just easily influencing. It makes me think very seriously about the things i allow to play in my ears. but i also use good music to set my mood and emotions, and play the lyrics in my head to combat the bad. lol i sound so silly, but thats honestly how i feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment