Sunday, August 15, 2010

the Present is a Gift

The brilliance faded
As time flew by.
Words stopped flowing
From my mind to the pen
blank spaces are all i see
That seems to be
The sole path left to me.
I long to recreate
The visions i could see
But now? the sights?
....so lost to me.
I want to fill your head
With all the incredible things
That i used to know.
But now they are gone,
Melted like the snow.
Did the artery of art
Quit flowing through me?
Or just block itself off
To the soul inside this body?
Can i slice it back open
To let the thoughts run free?
Where would i send them?
Perhaps that is why
They have disappeared.
I had no use of dreams
For mine had momentarily
All come true.
So now they are gone.
And all i have left
Is the sounds
Of someone else's songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment