Sunday, September 19, 2010

What Wondrous Love is This?

"what wondrous love is this, that sends such peace unto my soul?" I find peace, love and patience, in my Heavenly Father's strength. Just sayin'. I've truly been at the end of my rope with people lately and am really straining not to lose my temper. So, what do i do instead? I get down on my knees and beg the Lord for some of His mercy and patience, because i sure dont have enough. And i find some, usually. When i don't feel the Lord's peace and comfort, i know its because i'm not being sincere enough. Y'know, i am really, super, uber grateful that I have the gospel in my life, and that i fully know the truthfulness of its teachings. Buti have so much more to learn, and so much further to go before i can say that i'm being the best person i can be. What was it Julie B. Beck said at the regional conference??... something along the lines of, "You are doing so much better than you think; but you could be doing so much more than you are." That really hit me. I'm definitely not doing enough to do the Lord's work; I'm a terrible example when it comes to patience, and love, and forgiveness, as well as reading my scriptures and such. Thats one thing i really am intending to do better on: reading my scriptures. I am so fortunate to have all the wonderful friends i have as examples around me; as well as the best example anyone could turn to: Christ's. Anyway, those are my thoughts and feelings for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment